Active Directory Bulk User Creation Tool
Create bulk Active Directory users with this easy to use GUI tool.
- Import Users from CSV
- Set multiple attributes (see below)
- Add users to group
- Add users to OU
Quickly Bulk Import Active Directory Users
Bulk create 10, 100, 1000 or any number you want of Active Directory user accounts. Just fill the CSV template and the GUI tool will import all the user accounts.
A CSV template is included with all the supported user attributes. Just fill out the fields you and the accounts will be created with these details.
Set Multiple User Attributes
A huge list of user attributes is supported allowing you to set user account details in the CSV file for creation. See below for a full list of attributes.
Add Users to Groups
Do you need to add users to a security group? No problem! The bulk creation tool can add users to single or multiple Active Directory groups during the import process.
Manually creating Active Directory user accounts can be very time consuming. The bulk user creation tool will save you time and reduce your workload by automating the user creation process.
Easy to use
The bulk use creation tool is very easy to use. No scripting or coding is required. It takes just 2 simple steps. 1. Fill out CSV, 2. Import CSV with the GUI tool.
Supported User Attributes
- First Name
- Last Name
- Display Name
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Office Phone
- PO Box
- Streed Address
- SamAccountname (Required)
- Logon Name
- Domain name
- User Principal Name
- Create users in a specific Organizational Unit (OU)
- Add users to a group
- Enable or Disable Account
- Change Password at next logon
How to Guide
The AD Bulk User Creation Tool is very easy to use.... it takes just two steps.
Step 1: Setup CSV Template
Open the "Bulk User Create Template.csv" file that is included with the download and fill it out. See below for required fields. All other fields are optional.
Required Fields - These CSV fields must be filled out for each user, all other fields are optional.
- Note: Although the samaccountname attribute is the only required field, I do not recommend this.
- Manager - This field must be a samaccountname
- OU - This field must be the distinguishedName of the Organizational Unit
- County/region - requires three attributes co, c, countrycode
- Groups - You can add users to multiple groups just seperate them with a comma in the CSV.
- Proxyaddresses - You can give users multiple proxyaddresses just seperate them with a comma in the CSV.
Example CSV screenshot below
When the CSV file is filled out you can move to step two.
Step 2: Run AD Bulk Creation Tool
Open the tool by clicking on the ADBulkUserCreation.bat file
- Select the CSV file
- Enter a log file path (This is for logging errors)
- Enter your domain
- By default, accounts are set to enabled and change password at next logon, uncheck these boxes to disable them.
- Click the create button.
That's it. It took about 10 seconds to create 100 accounts.
Now I can open up Active Directory Users and computers and verify the accounts. If there are errors it will be displayed in the GUI for which account failed. You will then need to check the log files for error details.
The screenshot below show the 100 accounts created by the bulk creation tool.