Active Directory Bulk User Creation Tool
Create bulk Active Directory users with this easy to use GUI tool.
Bulk Create Users from CSV
Bulk create 10, 100, 1000 or any number you want of Active Directory user accounts.
A CSV template is included with all the supported user attributes. Just fill out the fields you need and the accounts will be created with these details.
Set Multiple User Attributes
A huge list of user attributes is supported allowing you to set user account details in the CSV file for creation. See below for full list of attributes.
Add users to a group
Do you need to add users to a security group? No problem! The bulk creation tool can add users to a group during the account creation process.
This tool is built with PowerShell so you can easily view the source code and customize it to your needs. If you are not familiar with PowerShell no problem, I can make basic changes for you. For example, if you want to change the Display Name to the Last Name, First, it's simple just let me know. If you want to input the email address into the CSV to support multiple domains, just let me know.
Creating AD user accounts manually is very time-consuming. The bulk user creation tool will save you time by automating this process and allow you to work on other important tasks.
Easy to use
The bulk use creation tool is very easy to use. No scripting is required. It takes just 2 simple steps. 1. Fill out CSV, 2. Import CSV with the tool.
Supported User Attributes
- First Name (Required)
- Last Name (Required)
- Display Name (Created from the First & Last name)
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Office Phone
- PO Box
- Streed Address
- SamAccountname (Required)
- Logon Name (This is set from the samaccountname)
- Email (Auto-created from the samaccountname + domain name)
- Domain name
- User Principal Name (this is created from the SamAccountName + the domain name)
- Password (Required)
- Create users in a specific Organizational Unit (OU)
- Add users to a group
- Enable or Disable Account
- Change Password at next logon
How Does it Work?
The AD Bulk User Creation Tool is very easy to use.... it takes just two steps.
Step 1: Setup CSV Template
Open the "Bulk User Create Template.csv" file that is included with the download and fill it out. See below for required fields. All other fields are optional.
Required Fields - These CSV fields must be filled out for each user, all other fields are optional.
Auto Created Fields
- Displayname = Firstname + lastname
- Logon Name = This is set from the samaccountname
- UPN = Set from the samaccountname
- Email = samaccountname + domain
Note: The auto-created fields can be adjusted if you have different requirements. For example, you may have multiple domains and don't want every user assigned the same email domain. Just let me know and I can adjust these settings for you.
- Manager field must be a samaccountname
- OU field must be the distinguishedName of the Organizational Unit
Example CSV screenshot below
When the CSV file is filled out you can move to step two.
Step 2: Run AD Bulk Creation Tool
Open the tool by clicking on the ADBulkUserCreation.bat file
- Select the CSV file
- Enter a log file path (This is for logging errors)
- Enter your domain
- By default, accounts are set to enabled and change password at next logon, uncheck these boxes to disable them.
- Click the create button.
That's it. It took about 10 seconds to create 100 accounts.
Now I can open up Active Directory Users and computers and verify the accounts. If there are errors it will be displayed in the GUI for which account failed. You will then need to check the log files for error details.
The screenshot below show the 100 accounts created by the bulk creation tool.